Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Living Life



We're making strides working on a new normal, and this is what it looks like. She's doing a good job sleeping at bedtime and getting a nap, too. We aren't, but at least our camper is happy. We are attracting attention when we go around the block with the dog in the early evening, so sometimes it takes us a little while to make it out and back. It's wonderful to see how delighted everyone is to see her sweet face. Tonight we were later than we wanted to be, and we were hungry so Tom said, "Remember this while you're out there: don't talk to anyone." : ) The last three nights our neighbors have been so kind to have made us dinner, and one more is coming tomorrow. What a relief that has been. Eating is a bit of a challenge so by the time dinner rolls around, it's nice to warm up a delicious something that someone has already labored over. I have to give Maryn tons of credit because she is a very willing taster. Most things get rejected, but she gives them a try. That's more than most people would do. Somethings are good one day, not the next. The one thing that remains constant is the love of noodles. She wants Ramen noodles three times per day and eats the whole package. I try adding this and that to it and every now and then something slips past quality control. People say not to sweat the meals because she'll come around to eating what we're eating, and we aren't eating Ramen noodles.

I'm falling asleep here as I write, so it's time to go to bed. I've been lasting till 3 a.m. and getting out with Toby at 5:30. The problem is the earlier I get up, the earlier she gets up because she checks to see if I'm still sleeping in the bed, and if I'm not there, she gets up. Only a few short hours to go till she sends her periscope up.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment