Only three families remain from our travel group. We are all on the same flight tomorrow. The rest have gone on. A few went to Hong Kong yesterday to spend today at Hong Kong Disney. Others went to Hong Kong today for an overnight before flying home tomorrow, and others are probably home by now. Our turn comes tomorrow, and we are ready. We had to entertain ourselves today, so we walked back to the park with the amusement rides. Hit the merry-go-round, bumper cars and two others, one of which left Tom with a large bruise on both shins. I caught it on video, but I was so distracted by filming that I didn't see it coming, not that I could have done anything about it. It was a perfect example of how living behind a camera inhibits actually experiencing life. I'm sure it was all Tom's fault, as he probably wasn't following the posted rules.
We had our last dinner in the hotel restaurant, and we have one more breakfast buffet in the morning. We are going to have our guide tell Maryn she won't be seeing a buffet when we get home. Good thing we probably put a pound on her while we were here because when we get home the choices will be fewer than she has experienced in this new life, and that's going to be hard for her to accept. We have learned that she doesn't like a lot of things, but she does like watermelon, grapes, fried chicken, ramen type noodles with broth, boiled eggs, some dinner rolls but not all, and she can make short work of a crab leg and shrimp. Don't think she was getting much crab or shrimp before, but she knows how to get to the meat of the matter. Oh, and she likes MacDonald's french fries. Can you believe I'm saying that? Desperate times call for desperate measures. I asked Tom if he wanted me to take his picture eating that food, and he said, "Absolutely not."
We did much of our packing this afternoon, and it won't take long to finish it tomorrow. That will be after we sweat through our t-shirts and shorts in the morning with another walk. We'll add those things to the dirty clothes bag, clean ourselves up and zip the suitcases shut. What a wonderful sound that will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment