We didn't need to get up and get somewhere this morning so we slept in till 6 a.m., the same time we needed to get up the last two days to get somewhere in the morning. Grumble. Maryn started coughing and came to our side of the adjoining room and got in the bed. I don't know what it is about the beds and sheets here, but they are noisy and when they are being rolled around on by a coughing 10 year old, there's no going back to sleep. Yesterday we spent a good part of the day in a dusty place, and that got her coughing. This morning we went to a dusty temple, and she started coughing. Now, we're in the smokey smelling room and here comes the coughing. Our allergy testing is complete, and as I typed that just now, kid you not, I heard a guy sneeze twice. Wish I could holler to him to take two squirts of *Flonase* and call me in the morning - 6 a.m. to be exact.
The girls are getting along like old friends and new sisters. They come together holding hands, laughing, content and then separate spending time in separate rooms. That goes on through the day, like an unchoreographed dance. It's language and figuring out the new roles their playing. To sum it up, they're getting along beautifully, and it shows in the pictures. Tenley is a doll, always smiling and kind. Whenever we heard any little, tiny bit of information about her, that's what it was. They were right, and we are blessed.

I love the smiles! I'm so happy that all is going well. You have been blessed!
ReplyDeleteTenley's smile touch my heart, I saw her photo after we had committed to Wendy. I have prayed for her since, I'm so happy that she is with you.
Please ask Tenley if she knows our WenJuan. Deb
I am so very happy for you. You are correct, looking at your pictures you can tell that your girls are getting along beautifully. They look like best friends forever and I'm sure they will be.
ReplyDeleteJust curious, how much Chinese has Maryn retained to be able to converse with Tenley? I love seeing them together and wondering how they are communicating. I'm so happy for all of you. Thanks for blogging the whole journey. Seeing you there makes me so nostalgic.
ReplyDelete