Friday, July 31, 2009

A Demanding Following!

Okay, you want more, so here's a few tidbits.  We are reasonably fresh and ready to head out this morning in a few minutes.  Seeing more people who must be traveling with us at the hotel breakfast buffet.  We'll meet shortly.  We truly our having a wonderful time.  Can't wait to see more today.  So many people in the park yesterday.  We were in one of the buildings around the temple of heaven, and a little Chinese boy came right up to me looked me in the eyes and said, "Hello."  I responded with "Ni shuo yingwu ma?"  (Do you speak English)  He responded very clearly, "Yes."  I said, "Hen hao."  (very good)  We gave each other big smiles and off he went.  So fun.  All our work learning Mandarin has been worth it.
 
Here's a few shots to enjoy.  One is our hotel room . The other is just a taste of what traffic can look like here.  More later.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Maryn! I's so happy your mom and Dad know how to use a computer....so I can now see your family pictures! You are very pretty and I am looking forward to meeting you when you come to your home in the United States. I hope you all are having fun as you journey together. Your new hometown friend, Carol

    ReplyDelete